Monday 23 November 2015

Armies of the Tyrants Part 4: Lizardmen

While I'm on a roll, here's another of mine.

This was my last Warhammer Fantasy army, which I did during over the winter in 2014/2015. A group of us collected new armies,  going up 500 points a month and playing progressively bigger games.

I went for people as a colour scheme, as it's a colour which I like and it went well on my Chaos Marines. I've shown them here on regiment bases in the 8th edition formations, as they should be.


Saurus Warriors. These are the solid unit in my army,  and if I expand the army up above 2000 points I'll be adding another unit. 


Skinks with Kroxigors. These guys are nowhere as good as they should be and I'm not really impressed. However I haven't got anything to replace them with yet. 


Saurus cavalry. These guys are the hammer unit, and are rock solid especially with the hero in the unit. The cold ones are pretty decent my as well


The Stegadon, the staple lizardmen monster. Worked the flesh up to a pale brown with layering and then the armour plates to red. The Skinks are purple to match the rest of the army. 

The fearsome Ripperdactyles, a unit I struggled to find a use for. Their best combats were often when they flew into the front of Irongut units. Proper placement of the bloat toad is crucial. 

The start of the show, the Slann mage priest. This is a good example of the benefits of Finecast, as this is a model which was way too heavy to be balanced on a flying stand when it was white metal, but as resin is pretty much ideal. The bad details are from the jungle basing kit. 

I usually played him as an ethereal, avoiding the need for a temple guard unit. 



The rest of my Skinks, serving as a skirmish unit, with the skink priest in the unit. This is a far better use for the little fellas than a ranked unit. 

I do miss playing with this army, we're going to have to get back to playing 8th edition fantasy at some point. I'd like to expand the army from 2000 points up to 2400 by adding another unit of Saurus Warriors and a Bastidon but it's not high on the list of priorities. 

Any questions? Comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment