Sunday 22 November 2015

Armies of the Tyrants Part 3

Here's something slightly different.

In order to show that it's not all about 40k, and because they are my most recent full painting project, here's a brief look at my second Bolt Action force,  early war French.

In 2014 me and Paddy decided to branch out and try something new, and Bolt Action was starting to make an impact in the area. My first force was late was Germans to go against late war British, but after establishing the dominance of the Panther and Stg44 assault rifle I fancied a bit of variety and Warlord were pushing the French - I think they had expended the range but I'm not certain. I picked up the army deal and that's still what I play with now.

The army was painted by spraying it leather brown then washing with black ink. The uniforms are Vallejo Russian Infantry Green, which may not be technically the correct colour but gives an effect I like. The helmets are Dark Angels Green, which will now have been replaced with a less memorable name.

It's not top quality painting, but as a project I'm proud of it.

1st infantry section. 8 men with rifles, 1 with lmg and 1 with pistol (the loader)

Senegalese tirailleurs. Fezes are cool. 

Second infantry section. Exactly the same as the first. 

Various HQ models.  Officer and assistant with smg, medic and forward observer with assistant. The forward observer will be dropped from the list if I ever get anything to replace him with. 

The officer however is one of my favourite models from the army. 

Infantry support squads, medium mortar and mmg.

Field artillery. I believe these are supposed to represent light howitzers, however I use them as medium anti tank guns without anyone ever objecting. This makes the army fully capable of taking on most late war forces. They will struggle against heavy tanks but so will most armies not packing a serious tank of their own

Talking about serious tanks... here's an R35 and a Shnieder P16 half track. Fun to paint, the scheme of dark green with shades of brown on top meant I got them both done in one session, but renowned more for enthusiasm in bake than actual effectiveness,  these are something else I'd like to replace in time. 

And here's a few shots of the army as a group 




I'm going to do more articles in time covering my 40k and fantasy armies. Right now I'm going back over my Chaos Space Marines to touch up and repair damage as well as sort out a few extra squads which have been added in time for a planned massive battle in December, so keep and eye out for that. 

Martin 

No comments:

Post a Comment