Monday 6 April 2020

Haven't I been busy?

The UK is in lockdown. People stay off the streets, stand 2 meters apart outside shops, and everyone is working through their backlog of unpainted models.

Everyone is doing that, aren't they?

In actual fact it turns out I'm a key worker in an essential industry, and as I am using electricity myself that is fair enough. I've changed shift pattern to 12 hour days so I still do have a lot of time at home. I have still powered on through painting though.

First off, I built these:


That's 10 Saurus Guard and a Realmshaper Engine, which I still haven't figured how to deploy. I'm going for a Coalesced army, so I've built it covered in vines. It's very clever how it is double sided. The Saurus Guard models were an absolute arse to build and I won't be building any more. To be fair, mine are WHFB holdeovers and they might have been recut since then. I expect the design worked quite well on 25mm slottabases, but not on 32mm round.

I still painted them though.

The purple is Nagaroth Night, washed with leviathan purple and Xerxes Purple.
The bone is Steel Legion Drab with Screaming Skull. This is low-tech and I don't do bone like this often now, but I did when I did the rest of the army and I wanted them to match.
I haven't done the Realmshaper Engine yet, still to do.

NEXT.

A few months ago I was kindly given a biscuit tin full of necron models, most of which were beyond immediate saving (although see how long lockdown goes on) and a Monolith, which looked like this:
It now looks like this for my Mephrit army.

It still needs a base. as it wobbles a lot on a skimmer flying base (and if it supposed to have one that part is missing meaning I had to drill a hole for it) I'm thinking a big circle base and something sturdy tucked away to hold it up. When the shops are open.

I painted this using the same colour combo as the lychguard, except the flat surfaces did not cope well with being inked and it looked awful, so the dark grey is a flat cover of an old Vallejo colour Had lying around from an old Guard army - German Grey. Same effect, and I might try and get a fresher pot of this for flat surfaces and vehicles in future. This takes my Necrons to 2275 points, which means by the time I've painted another Lord I have in a blister I will be one unit away from 2500. Good times.

NEXT.

I have done 10 of the 15 Night Lords, with the exception of some details. I'm going to start the remaining 5 Wednesday, and do the Forgeworld Jump Pack Preator (Lord) at the same time.

Then I will try and do some proper photoshoots of the Night Lords and the Necrons as seen as they are missing from here.

We also have a Bitsbox Inquisitor Challenge on the go, which you might have seen on the Youtube channel but I will do a written article about.

It's all go.

1 comment: